Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December already!!!

It just seems like 2008 just started! It's been an interesting year, with my first 50 miler and road marathon and PRs in both the 5K and the 10K. I also moved into the Dreaded 30s age group catergory, where I keep my slug dream alive by finishing close to the bottom most races. I finished off my year of racing with an apperance at the Baltimore Half Marathon, running for Team Tiara, which raised some money for my local chapter of Girls on the Run. I had a great time and received the Maryland Double Medal for running both Frederick and Baltimore. It's was a very sweet ending to my year.

I took about a month off from running, concentrating on weights, crosstraining, and dancing. I am tkaing Ballet in addition to the Hip Hop class and find it difficult, but fun. The flexibility benefits I am getting are really helping my fitness. Plus, I love it! Weightlifting has been going well, I am gaining much strength with my squats and bench presses, hopefully i will reach my goals of 225 Squat and 150 Bench sometime early next summer.


I went on a wonderful long run with my friend Derek 2 weekends ago. It was a beautiful day and the trail was great. It was nice to get some miles on the legs. I am back into running mode, with some interval training and crosstraining to keep it interesting. I am hoping to get in good runs on Sundays during December, so I'll be ready for a nice run on Jan. 4th and kick my year off in good running style.

No comments: